Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy Unbirthday - Preview of my NYE Mani

I'm an all or nothin' kind of girl when it comes to my glitter. My rule is either glitter is all you can see or there should be none at all. So when I saw Lippmann's Happy Birthday it was love at first sight. But I have 2 problems with Lippmann. The price and the condescending designer Lippmann herself. I'm not about to pay $18 for a polish when you're going to tell me I'm applying it wrong. So I went to the craft store and picked up about $8 in multi-colored and multi-shaped glitter and dumped it in some clear polish. This was my first franken and let me tell you I was flying blind. The end result... well, check out the picture. LOVE.

A dupe? Not even close. I think the nail polish wore off some of the colors in some of the glitters, so there's a lot more silver than I originally planned on. No problem! I haven't picked a color to wear under it, but I'm thinking a dark green or teal right now to highlight the colors in the smaller glitters. The amazing saga of the making of Happy Unbirthday, plus the end result NYE mani, will be posted tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment